Artificial intelligence (AI) in financial institutions. Innovative platforms analyzing SME customer data.
The report summarizes the current state of European market readiness for the implementation of AI-based technologies in the financial sector. It is a look at the challenge financial institutions will have to face and respond to in the coming years, with a particular focus on the situation of the SME sector.
The survey involved 60 financial institutions from across Europe: banks, factoring companies, leasing companies and fintechs. The respondents were c-levels (presidents, vice presidents, management board members) and decision makers (heads of departments, teams and product managers). We asked them the following questions, among others:
- What are the biggest challenges of 2021?
- What is the purpose of customer data analytics?
- What are the main needs related to marketing automation?
- What is the role of artificial intelligence at the institutions represented and where is it planned to be implemented?
- What business areas have the greatest potential for success through the use of artificial intelligence?
- What are the current challenges of implementing artificial intelligence?
In addition, experts of Asseco Poland and SME Banking Club, which is a partner of this report, attempt in their commentaries to interpret statistical data and identify trends that will affect the use of technologies based on artificial intelligence in the financial sector in the coming years.